Terms & Conditions
Please make sure that you read the booking terms and conditions set out below before proceeding. You will be asked to accept these conditions and that you have read and understood them before you can proceed with your booking.
AS A USER OF THIS WEB SITE UNDER THESE TERMS, YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS STATFOLD NARROW GAUGE TRUST, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, AND ANY OF ITS THIRD PARTY INFORMATION PROVIDERS FROM AND AGAINST ALL LOSSES, EXPENSES, DAMAGES AND COSTS, INCLUDING REASONABLE LEGAL FEES, HOWEVER ARISING RESULTING FROM ANY VIOLATION OR BREACH BY YOU OF THESE TERMS.
Although Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust has attempted to provide accurate information on the Web Site, Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of such information. Your acceptance of these Terms acts as a general release of Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust (and all of its and their officers, directors, agents and employees) from any liability for any claims, losses or damages arising out of or in any way connected to your use of the Web Site. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust shall not be liable to any person or entity for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or incidental damages, including (without limitation) lost profits or revenues, loss of opportunity, costs of replacement goods or services, loss or damage to data or business interruption, arising out of or related to:
(a) any access to or use of or inability to access or use this Web Site, any other hyperlinked web Site or any other information or product included or described within this Web Site; or
(b) any person or entity's reliance on the information presented,
in each case whether arising in tort (including negligence), contract, statute or otherwise even if you have advised Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust of the possibility of such damages.
All information and content provided on this Web Site is provided without representation or warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Without limitation to the foregoing, The Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust does not represent or warrant that the Web Site or any of its contents are accurate, current, complete, free from technical or typographical errors, free from changes or harmful components introduced by third parties or free from periodic interruption or errors of any other type. Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust may revise the information or change the products or services mentioned on the Web Site at any time without notice. Neither Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust nor its subsidiaries, parent companies, affiliates or suppliers makes any representation or gives any warranty, condition or undertaking, expressed or implied, including (without limitation) as to the satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, suitability or non-infringement of any third party right or freedom from viruses, whether or not arising from a course of dealing, usage or trade practice.
Notwithstanding any other provision in these Terms, nothing within these Terms limits or restricts any person's liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence or that of its employees or agents.
These Terms and your access to and use of this Web Site is governed by English law. This Web Site is not intended to be used or accessed from outside the United Kingdom, and Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust makes no representation or warranty that the content or materials on this Web Site are appropriate or available for such use or access. If you choose to use or access this Web Site from other jurisdictions, you do so at your own initiative and risk and are responsible for compliance with all relevant local laws. Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust is not responsible for any violations of law as a result of your actions. Access to or use of this Web Site from jurisdictions where such access or use is illegal is prohibited. Any claims related to this Web Site and/or its content and materials or your access to or use of them shall be governed by English law and you agree that the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any disputes arising out of or in connection with any use of or access to the Web Site.
Trade Marks and other such rights
The trade marks and logos (""Marks"") and images displayed on this Web Site are the property of Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust or other third parties. Users are not permitted to use these Marks without the prior written consent of Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust or the relevant third party proprietor of the Marks and you acknowledge that any such use may constitute an infringement of the relevant proprietor's rights.
You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in all materials in the Web Site remain the property of Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust or the relevant third party proprietor, licensor or other content owner. Except as expressly permitted herein, no portion of the information on this Web Site may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior written permission from Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust.
Links to Third Party Web Sites
This Web Site contains links to third party websites. Access to any other website linked to this Web Site is at your own risk and Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice or statements made on these sites or the security of any link or communication with those sites. Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust reserves the right to terminate a link to a third party site at any time. The fact that Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust provides a link to a third party Web Site does not mean that Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust endorses, authorises or sponsors that Web Site nor does it mean that Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust is affiliated with the third party website's owners or sponsors. Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust provides these links merely as a convenience for those using the Web Site.
Except as set out below, there are no rights of refund or exchange and you acknowledge that the cancellation rights contained in the Consumer Protection (contracts regulations 2015 and consumer contract regulations 2013) do not apply to the services we offer.
When you make a booking by way of the ordering process set out on this Web Site and in accordance with these Terms, the identity of the company with which you are entering into agreement is Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust (Incorporation number: 10919496 registered office: Statfold Barn Farm, Ashby Road, Tamworth, Staffs B79 0BU)
The Prices of day events, train rides, driver experience and similar are those displayed on the Web Site from time to time, during the ordering process, except in cases of obvious error. All prices and fees are in pounds sterling and include any applicable Value Added Tax.
Payment will be charged to your card at the time of processing your credit/debit card transaction. You cannot use any promotional vouchers or discount cards in conjunction with a booking via this Web Site except where specifically stated.
Visits to events, driver experience and train rides are sold by Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust at prices for the relevant times and particular event or driver experience, and the amount payable for them will be debited immediately. By requesting events, driver experience and train rides through the Web Site, you are placing a booking request for them on these Terms.
If Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust accepts your booking, we will display a confirmation page on your screen at the end of the ordering process, and at this point there will be a contract between you and the Company. Such a contract will be governed by English Law and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. We will also send to you a secondary e-mail confirmation of your completed order, for your information. We do not file details of your order for you to access on this Web Site, so we recommend that you print out a copy of the confirmation page and/or confirmation e-mail for your records.
To make any payment by credit/debit card, you must provide: the cardholder's name and email address, the card number, the card security code, the card expiry date and (where applicable) the card start date and issue number. Transactions will appear on your bank or card statement as a payment to Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust.
It is your responsibility to check your booking details as we are under no obligation to rectify mistakes after a contract has been formed. Please also note that we are not under an obligation to provide the services(s) to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after the confirmation page has been displayed and the confirmation email has been sent to you, if such a pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
Unless otherwise expressly stated on this Web Site, bookings cannot be amended or refunded.
Here at Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust we want you to have as much fun as possible while you are here with us, but your safety is always extremely important to us too so for the driver experience day please note the following:
• Minimum age: 18 years
• All options will include to an experienced and qualified driver to accompany all participants
• Please ensure you are wearing steel toe cap shoes or boots – NO TRAINERS PLEASE
• No maximum age but must be fit enough to climb up to the footplate from ground level unaided
• You must not suffer from any driving prohibiting condition - if in doubt please check at the time of booking
• Wear a pair of overalls for protection - we can provide these on the day. If you bring your own, they must be 100% cotton for safety reasons.
• Not attend the experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
• The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
• Locomotives will be used from the current fleet available and cannot be specified in advance.
Tickets bought to Events such as –
Enthusiast & Photography Day, Enthusiast & Family Day, Statfold Giant Miniature Weekend, Family Fun Fest!, School's Out For Summer, Road, Rail & Ale are non-fundable.
When attending these events you should bear in mind that these events are held outdoors and so you should ensure that you have adequate clothing and footwear to make the most of your event day.
Santa Express Specials & Statfold Santa Express
Tickets bought for rides for Santa Express Specials & Statfold Santa Express are non-refundable. These are also not exchangeable unless there are vacant places on another ride time, you need to contact the office on 01827 830389 to enquire, but Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust are under no obligation to make changes or exchanges to your booked tickets.
The Halloween Fun is held close to Halloween and parents should be advised the theme and attractions of this event could be unsettling to nervous people and young children.
Booking of The Roundhouse for Conferences, Group Visits, Parties, Celebration of Life and Weddings.
These bookings at the time of enquiry/ booking will have their own terms and conditions depending on the type of booking made and our booking staff will advise you on this at the time of your booking.
Disabled access statement
It is the policy of the company to consider the access needs of persons with disabilities to the services and facilities of the company, to make reasonable adjustments to facilitate such needs and to provide appropriate training and information to relevant employees to ensure that these stated aims are met.
The company aims to:
- Recognise the diverse requirements of people with disabilities, aiming always to understand and meet individual needs and provide help and guidance whenever it is required.
- Recognise the commercial contribution made to our business by customers with disabilities. Many such customers enjoy our facilities and desire access to them, and it is therefore in the company's commercial interest to ensure access is available wherever possible.
- Provide relevant employees with appropriate training to ensure the company meets the needs of individuals with disabilities, so that customers with disabilities are treated no less favourably than other customers for a reason related to their disability.
- Recognise the requirements of the Equality Act 2010, and the company shall ensure that reasonable adjustments are made to ensure the removal of physical barriers to access to our services and facilities for all of our customers
Non-compliance with these Terms
We reserve the right to investigate any suspected non-compliance with these Terms. If we believe that a violation of these Terms (or any of the rights identified in these Terms) has occurred, we may suspend or bar your access to this Web Site or take such other corrective action as we deem appropriate.
We accept no responsibility for any personal property that is brought to Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust.
Price and availability information is subject to change at the discretion of the Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust, without notice.
We reserve the right to refuse admission to Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust should you breach any of Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust general admission terms or these Terms and we may on occasions have to conduct security searches to ensure your safety.
Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Terms shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust may assign, transfer or declare a trust over the benefit of its rights and obligations under these Terms to any party at any time without notice to you. You may not assign, transfer or declare a trust over your rights or obligations under these Terms without Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust’s prior written consent, which may be withheld in its absolute discretion.
Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust will not be in breach of these Terms or otherwise liable for any delay in performance of them to the extent that such breach or delay is due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
If any part of these Terms is unenforceable, invalid or illegal (including any provision in which Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust excludes its liability to you), the enforceability, validity or legality of any other part of these Terms will not be affected or impaired in any way.
These Terms embody and set forth the entire agreement and understanding between us and supersede all prior oral representations (including negligent representations) or written agreements, understandings or arrangements with respect to the subject matter hereof. Neither of us shall be entitled to rely on any agreement, understanding or arrangement which is not expressly set forth in these Terms. The provisions of this clause shall not exclude any liability or any right which either of us may have in respect of any statements made fraudulently prior to your acceptance of these Terms or any fraudulent concealment by the other.
Any notice to be given by either of us to the other may be sent by email, fax or recorded delivery to the address of the other. In the case of Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust (Incorporation number: 10919496 registered office: Statfold Barn Farm, Ashby Road, Tamworth, Staffs B79 0BU), as amended herein from time to time. In your case, such an address shall be that provided at the time of registration or such other address as you may from time to time have communicated to Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust in writing or by email to email@example.com. If sent by email, a notice shall be deemed to be received on the day it was sent or, if sent by fax, shall be deemed to be served on receipt of an error free transmission report or, if sent by recorded delivery, shall be deemed to be served two days following the date of posting.
Save as expressly provided in the first paragraph of these Terms, no provision of any of these Terms may be amended, varied or waived by Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust except in writing signed by an authorised representative of Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust.
Some of the provisions of these Terms are for the benefit of Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust and its officers, directors, employees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers and third party information providers. Each of these persons or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf if you violate any of these Terms. Save for the foregoing, the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these Terms and no rights or benefits expressly or impliedly conferred by them shall be enforceable under that Act against the parties by any other person.
When making a booking you are reserving an event or ride or driver experience for the start time as indicated on your booking confirmation. If you are unable to attend or you arrive late, Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust is under no obligation to either hold the event or ride or driver experience or offer an alternative time slot and operates a strict no refunds policy.
If you wish to book an event, driver experience or rides using our Web Site, we will need to know your name, e-mail address and credit card details. We gather this information to allow us, our agents and sub-contractors to process your booking and to send you an e-mail confirmation of each booking. Packages and offers are subject to availability.
Early booking discounts
We may from time to time offer early booking discounts. These are shown in our online booking engine and are calculated as discounts compared to our maximum retail prices.
Social Media Competitions & Competitions
- The promoter is: Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust (Incorporation number: 10919496 registered office: Statfold Barn Farm, Ashby Road, Tamworth, Staffs B79 0BU)
- Competitions are open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter our social media competitions.
- By entering a competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for a competition and details of how to enter are via liking and commenting on the competition Facebook post or liking and re-tweeting the competition Twitter post.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- There is no cash alternative for prizes and prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner to arrange for the prize to be delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into a social media competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions
Stay safe for your visit
Here at Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust we want you to have as much fun as possible while you are here with us, but your safety is always extremely important to us too. Please ensure that all young children are supervised at all times and ensure that they do not run around the event grounds and railways as this could cause injury.
· Keep a safe distance from railway tracks and moving engines
· Do take instructions from Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust staff
· Make sure you arrive in time for your allocated ride time
· Come prepared with outdoor clothing and shoes
· If you are unsure of anything then please ask a member of staff
If you have any issues during your visit please do bring them to the attention of the Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust staff so that there is an opportunity to rectify the situation.
You can raise a complaint with us by writing or emailing us through the contact details on the contact page of the website.
Your complaint will be acknowledged within 14 days and you will receive a reply no later than 4 weeks after this acknowledgement.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have introduced specific safety measures at each of our Attractions in an effort to safeguard the health, safety and wellbeing of persons visiting our Attractions.
A full list of safety measures being taken will shortly be available on the website.
Statfold Narrow Gauge Trust will take all measures to ensure that customers from any local lockdown areas will be contacted and advised not to travel to site.
The safety measures put in place in response to the Covid-19 pandemic are there to safeguard the safety and wellbeing of all guests visiting our Attraction. It is in the interest of everyone at our Attraction to comply with the safety measures that have been put in place. Therefore, should an individual not comply with these safety measures, we reserve the right to require that individual to leave the Attraction in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Acceptance of risk
The safety measures that are being and have been introduced are intended to minimise the risk of contracting the Covid-19 virus but this risk cannot be completely eradicated. Therefore, anyone visiting our Attractions acknowledge that they do so at their own risk.